meet the Expert
A well-known management consultant with more than 30 years of consultancy and training experience in the Asian Pacific region.
He is the Chief Executive of QMC Malaysia, a leading management consultancy and training firm in Malaysia, which he established in 1990. Through QMC, he has assisted hundreds of organizations in the Asia Pacific region in implementing quality and management system initiatives, and obtaining certification to Management System-based standards like the ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, SA 8000, GMP, HACCP, and ISO22000.
Mr. Yong’s international experiences has been gathered from consulting and training assignments and presentation of papers in Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Fiji, Japan, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, USA, and Vietnam.
Mr. Yong has been a Technical Expert for the Asian Productivity Organization since 1992. In his assignments for APO, he has provided consulting and training services in the areas of Quality Management System (ISO 9000), Environmental Management System (ISO 14000), Total Quality Management, Management of Quality / Organizational Excellence, SA 8000, QC Circle activities, Quality Improvement Tools & Techniques, 5S, Kaizen, GMP, Food Safety, HACCP, and Food Safety Management System (ISO22000) to National Quality and Productivity organizations.
Mr. Yong’s credentials include:
- Founding Member of the World Quality Council (WQC)
- Senior Member & (past) Country Councilor (for Malaysia & Vietnam) to the American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- Founder Member, Fellow, (past) President, and Life Member of the Institute of Quality Malaysia (IQM)
- Life Member and Technical Expert of the Asia Pacific Quality Organization (APQO)
- (Past) Fellow of the QSA International, and Country Representative (Vietnam) of QSA International
- (Past) Member of the Advisory Committee to the National Total Quality Control Secretariat, Malaysia.
Mr. Yong is an Approved Lead Tutor of IRCA Approved Lead Auditor Training Course (ISO22000). He has conducted system audits for several international certification bodies. He has developed and conducted professional development training programmes on Quality Engineering (since 1990) and Quality Management (since 2000) leading to certification by the American Society for Quality (ASQ). He is an ASQ Certified Manager of Quality / Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE), Certified HACCP Auditor (CHA), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) and Certified Quality Engineer (CQE). and Certified Six Sigma Green Belt.