The Self-learning e-Course on Productivity Tools and Techniques (Advanced) is a continuation of the Self-learning e-Course on Productivity Tools and Techniques (Basic) launched earlier by the APO. While the basic e-learning course introduces productivity fundamentals, this course provides knowledge on selected advanced productivity improvement tools and techniques such as measurement techniques, statistical data analysis, lean concepts, and the business excellence framework. Therefore, participants who have completed the basic course are encouraged to enroll in the advanced course. In addition, this is a prerequisite course for participants from APO member countries before attending multicountry face-to-face courses on similar topics.
The content was developed with support from a technical expert team of the Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC). The faculty comprises Senior Manager Shuhaimi Hamad, Manager Saliza Saari, Senior Consultant Mohd. Hilmi Idris, and Associate Consultant Shaharum Ashaari, all of the MPC.
– There are five modules in this course. Please start with Module 1 and complete each module in order.
– The recommended timeline to complete each module is:
Days 1–2: Module 1
Days 3–4: Module 2 + Quizzes 1 + 2
Days 5–6: Module 3
Days 7–9: Module 4 + Quizzes 3 + 4
Days 9–11: Module 5 + Quiz 5
Day 11: Final exam
– To confirm your understanding, quizzes are provided on each module. Please answer the questions and check your score for self-evaluation. Please note that the quiz scores are not related to the final exam results.
– It is recommended that you proceed to the next module only after satisfactory completion of the preceding module.
– After completing all modules, each participant should take the final exam (40 multiple-choice questions). Remember that you are only allowed to take the final exam ONCE. Please ensure that you have thoroughly understood all modules before taking the final exam.
– After completion of the course, the APO will provide e-certificates to successful participants from APO member countries who pass the final exam (minimum passing score is 70% or 70 points). Please also note that only participants who pass the self-e-learning course are eligible to apply for the APO Certification Program for Productivity Practitioners.
The objective of this course is to enable participants to understand the concepts and methodology of advanced productivity tools and techniques. Specifically, at the end of the course, participants will be able to describe, explain, and use the techniques and tools learned within their organizations and in offering consultancy services, especially to SMEs.
1) Participants who register to take this course and pass the final examination with a score of 70% or higher will be eligible to receive the APO certificate. Please note that the final examination can be taken only once. Therefore, you decide when you choose to take the examination. Please note that the self-assessment quizzes are for your own evaluation and have no relation to the final examination results.
2) Participants who perform well in this course and receive the APO certificate will be given preference, on a merit basis, for selection to attend the follow-up face-to-face multicountry APO project on certified productivity practitioners or relevant specialized courses, provided that their nominations are received through their NPOs and slots are available.
3) Notes 1 and 2 are applicable only to participants from APO member countries. Participants from nonmember countries are welcome to take the course for self-improvement but not able to get opportunities to attend follow-up face-to-face multicountry APO projects.